SIGNS of the LAST DAYS: Spirit poured out on all flesh (Joel 2:28)

April 10, 2024 by  
Filed under Events, Featured, Media, Missions

SIGNS of the LAST DAYS: False prophets and false Christs

April 5, 2024 by  
Filed under Events, Featured, Media, Missions, News

90 Years Ago, Narraganset Church of God Led in Benevolence

April 1, 2024 by  
Filed under Books, Featured, Missions, News, Publication, Research

Narraganset Church of God was started by a women-preacher with only 10 members. Rev. Amelia Shumaker started the church only 15 days before the Great Depression began in 1929. She became a widow five years prior to moving to Chicago. Passing through the Great Depression by 1934, only five years after its establishment, the Narraganset Church of God was already a leader among the state benevolence ministries.

Located at 2254 N. Narraganset Avenue, the church officially took the name of its location in 1955. Early issues of the Church of God Evangel describe it as a South Side church, later corrected to the only Chicago Church of God. By 1994, the congregation has become one of only three Church of God locations in Chicago Metro. It was also where the first and only Bulgarian Church of God congregation in North America was founded also with only 10 members. (More from this timely research soon…)